The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are excited to offer 8 paid summer internships in departments across the museum - Contemporary Art and Programming, Development, Digital Media, Exhibition Design, Interpretation, Public Programs, Registration and Collections Management, and Costume and Textile Arts.
This program provides an opportunity to work in one of the largest public arts institutions in San Francisco. This is a paid, full-time eight-week program where interns will work directly with museum staff to support departmental goals and will be responsible for individual projects. Interns participate in training sessions, professional development, and a weekly Career Insights guest speaker series. They will gain knowledge of museum careers and culture, receive mentorship from full-time staff, hands-on project experience and feedback, and join a network of emerging museum professionals. This program is designed to be an introductory professional experience, typically for students, emerging professionals, and those just entering the workforce, who are interested in a career in museums or the arts and who are passionate about equity and inclusion.
- Internship Dates: June 17 - August 9, 2024
- 35 hours per week for 8 weeks at the de Young and Legion of Honor museums. This role will primarily be located at the de Young.
- Compensation is $18.75 per hour.
- Professional development sessions take place onsite every Thursday.
- We are happy to work with educational institutions to provide credit for this internship.
- FAMSF is deeply committed to supporting the needs of our immediate community. In line with this objective, our summer internships are designed for those who live or go to school in the nine Bay Area counties.
- Application deadline is February 25, 2024.
For more information, and to apply online, please visit our Career Center.
Please visit our Career Center to apply for your preferred internship department.